Tuesday, September 13, 2005

www.inadequateeducation.com

Anyone who has watched Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" before, has undoubtedly seen first hand that quite a bit of us in mainstream USA are lacking some of the most fundamental life skills and basic common sense. Now I'm sure there are many takes in which alot of people answer questions correctly and are very knowledgeable. But the ones we do see ... WHOA! Of course, not everyone is an expert in everything. (I think it's quite obvious that my grammar and sentence construction could use a refresher course.) But not being able to differentiate the weight difference between a ton of feathers and a ton of bricks, in my mind, would absolutely qualify somebody for at least some public embarrassment. Which leads me to today's thought; Are schools putting too much emphasis on computer skills, and not the ABC's and 123's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home