Saturday, December 10, 2005

House Flipping Or Waiting For A Sucker?

Millions of people are hooked on t.v. shows like TLC's Trading Spaces and While You Were Out. These home improvement programs ultimately paved the way for house flipping shows like Flip This House. I do enjoy watching all of these programs, however a thought crossed my mind the last time I tuned in to Flip This House. Having a construction background, I couldn't help but feel as though this company that buys old dilapidated properties and fixes them up for a profit mirrors the qualities of Leave It To Beaver, in the construction business because everything always work out in the end. I mean, "slambanging" a house together on an extremely tight budget, coupled with an unrealistic time frame to accomplish the work, could never yield a profit on every property ... impossible! I'll bet the average John Q. Public who watches this might even attempt to try this stunt for themselves in a vain effort to reap a profit ... and go bankrupt in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home