Saturday, September 22, 2007

English Language In U.S. To Be Phased Out By 2025 ... You Heard It Here First

I called my friends cell phone this evening, and was greeted by his "automated voice mail system". Before identifying if I had even called the correct number, I was immediately prompted to push 1 for English ... so I would only imagine that had I not, the directions would by default proceed in Spanish. Full well knowing that friend does not speak any other language other than English (unless you count pig Latin), I found these instructions quite aggravating. Yet again, corporate America is catering to the minority of customers, that due to their place of origin, do not fluently speak English. I wonder if I bought a cell phone and plan in Mexico, if automated voice mail systems would by default proceed in English if the caller does not push one for Spanish?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home