Friday, September 28, 2007

Finders Keepers

When Bernard Salcedo of Sanford, Florida lost power in his house, he did what any of us would do ... went looking for the source of the power outage. His search led him to the attic, and rather than finding a wiring problem ... he found $100,000 in cash tucked away in an insulation cavity containing four plastic bags filled with $20 and $100 bills. Mr. Salcedo immediately contacted police regarding his find ... and they promptly took it as evidence due to the fact the previous homeowner was stabbed to death in the residence. And to make matters worse, Bernard Salcedo now has to battle it out in court to reclaim this money, because the former owner's wife is laying claim to the cash. What's wrong with these people? If you find large amounts of small denomination cash neatly tucked away in your house ... why in God's name do you go telling people? It's your house ... your find ... your cash!!! I don't know about you, but if I had $100,000 stuffed away somewhere in my home ... I think I'd remember to take it out before I left. For crying out loud, I almost kicked in my door the other day after I left my house and realized I forget my cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home