Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Second Amendment Justice

Due to a recent increase in home invasion type crimes, police are urging local citizens that if they experience such an incident, that they should give the trespasser whatever they want to get them out of the home without incident. Although statistically this may be true, the devil will be wearing a bear skin coat the day that this happens to me. I understand that police have public safety in mind, but that attitude is exactly what thieves are hoping for ... an easy score. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not plan to passively watch a robber in my home make off with the possessions (and personal pride) I worked so hard to get. And on the flip side if stealing really is that simple, and families are so afraid to defend themselves in their own homes, maybe I should consider a career change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home