Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Just Following Orders Sir

A military SNAFU accidentally sent Jim Dillinger, a former National Guard Captain whose military obligation contract was supposed to end in April 1999, to active duty in Iraq. Apparently, the discharge date in his records was listed as July 2010 so Captain Dillinger served a one year tour in Iraq where his job was to search for and destroy roadside bombs ... for crying out loud, could they have given him a more hazardous detail? Unfortunately, the screw up in paperwork wasn't caught until Captain Dillinger returned home and saw the erroneous date on his discharge orders first hand. After an internal military investigation, is was concluded that in fact Jim Dillinger's discharge date was recorded wrong, and he was immediately discharged for good with a written apology for the mishap. "I honestly believe I helped accomplish something over there and the men I served with, they are like brothers to me." Dillinger said. "But, I can’t get past the fact that I should never have been sent there in the first place." This ladies and gentleman, is a prime example of bad luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home