Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hands Free Communication Yields Thought Free Products

The other day, I purchased a bluetooth headset headset for my cell phone. I ultimately had no choice, I spend alot of time on the road and Pennsylvania has just passed a hands-free law that goes in to effect November 10, 2007. PA House Bill No. 1827 amends Title 75 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statues and was passed on September 11, 2007 and states that any person who is found to be in violation of this section commits a summary offense and
upon conviction, will be sentenced to pay a $50 fine. Anyway, my point is many bluetooth headsets come with a status indicator LED light to inform the user of things like battery life and if the unit is online or offline. Great idea ... if the person wearing the thing could actually see the light!!! Instead I guess I'm going to have to rely on the kindness of other motorists to yell over to me at a red traffic light to let me know my earpiece battery is about to die. The same people that drive right by a major motor vehicle crash because they "don't want to get involved" ... I should have sprung for the car charger too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home