Sunday, October 09, 2005

Yes ...Forrest Gump Was Right! "Stupid Is As Stupid Does."

Due to the inclement weather this weekend, I was forced to find indoor activities to pass the time. So, I hopped in the car and drove about five miles down the road to an area where a multitude of national chain stores are located. Well, my wife dragged me into a particular store that I am not very fond of to begin with. So, since there is nothing that interests me at this place I'll just make the best of it and profile patrons. (Previous post) I came across a young mother who opted to let her son, of about three years old, sit on the side of an empty shopping cart with one leg in the basket and the other outside while she casually strolled through the store. Needless to say, this child was well beyond the reach of Mom in the event he should fall. I turned to my wife and said, "She'll be the first one to sue the store if anything happens." And with that, not only did she agree, but so did the stranger standing out of my sight about five feet to the left. And just think, I was always one to find the non text directions for a shopping cart kids seat humorous. "Nobody could be that dumb", I would snicker to myself ... well, they are. The old timers were right in saying, "treat people like they're stupid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home