Saturday, July 15, 2006

History Really Does Repeat Itself

During a joint news conference with President Bush and President Putin on Saturday in St. Petersburg, Russia, Bush raised his concerns about the state of democracy in Russia. In a last chance public rebuttal press interview afterwards, President Bush stated "I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world, like Iraq where there's a free press and free religion, and I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that Russia would do the same". Mr. Bush's statement was said in response to Mr. Putin's public reply at the conference where he said "We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy that they have in Iraq, quite honestly." I'm starting to feel sorry for President Bush, I really don't think he has a clue that a good majority of the world is not in favor of his push to force our political structure and views on everyone one country at a time. If I recall correctly, such a tactic laid the groundwork for a world war.

1 Comments:

Blogger TexSport Publications said...

Just like a former KGB agent! He wants to have the last word, making everyone think he is in turn with the needs of the world.
I wonder how many old KGB friends he still has around the world just waiting for the time to come out from undercover?

July 15, 2006 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home