Monday, August 07, 2006

Strength In Numbers ... Not Smarts

It never ceases to amaze me that when the number of people involved in something increases, the average I.Q. of the group decreases. By nature, human beings are pretty intuitive problem solvers. So one would only think that when many heads were put together, the limits the group could achieve would seem endless. Well once again tonight I have been reassured that when a large group of people convene with a common goal, absolutely nothing gets accomplished. And when these individuals are at their peak performance, it's not uncommon to actually finish the meeting further behind then when it was started. To all those who found themselves in this exact same situation, I offer this nugget from despair.com

2 Comments:

Blogger serenity said...

Your post reminds me of that old saying that a camel is a horse that was created by a committee. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

August 07, 2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger JK said...

I've never heard the camel one before, thanks for the laugh.

Thanks for reading.

August 08, 2006 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home