Friday, April 13, 2007

No Habla Espanol

The other night, I was watching American Idol (not by choice mind you) and the guest celebrity was Jennifer Lopez. The contestants used every opportunity to praise her for the mentoring she offered, and the many words of encouragement she passed along to them. I couldn't help but notice on several occasions Lopez reiterated the importance of "singing from the heart", to not necessarily concentrate all your efforts on being perfect but rather give a performance your audience can relate to, and that mindset will bring you success. Great theory ... until Jennifer Lopez gave a performance the next evening's Idol. The entire song was in Spanish ... I think. I'm really not to sure because I COULDN'T "RELATE" TO IT ... I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home