Saturday, November 25, 2006

"If I Did It": Admission, Comparison, Or Future Instruction?

The recent cancellation of the O.J. Simpson book and television special entitled "If I Did It." put a smile on my face, and restored a glimmer of hope in my opinion of the seemingly endless downhill spiral of this countries moral fabric. Finally ... as a country, we all said "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" No matter what your opinion of O.J., or his true roll in the murder case, I think we can all agree that the entire case made a mockery of our judicial system ... "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" comes to mind, or that fact that Mark Fuhrman found himself on trial rather than the defendant for using the "N word" too many times. Oh yeah ... that's right ... O.J. Simpson never took the stand in his own defense, but Lance Ito let him read a letter without cross examination. Anyway, my point is now our silent church mouse, after pleading innocence and losing millions in civil suits yielding guilty verdicts, has plenty to say about the murder of his wife and how he would have done it. Am I missing something here? Plead innocent yet hypothesize how he would have carried out the act if he had done it? That's like saying to your boss, "No Mr. Johnson, I didn't wreck the company car and have no idea how that fender got caved in ... but if I had done it, I would have done it like this because my way is much more to the point, incredibly more damaging, and offers more bang for your buck." I think you know where Mr. Johnson would stick your keys after a statement like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home