Friday, June 22, 2007

Acronym Update: PSA = Publicly Satirical Ad

When I stopped at the local convenient store today, I couldn't help but notice a poster in the front window. In an effort to raise public awareness about remembering to wear a seat belt, somebody left a public service ad (endorsed by the Governor of PA ... obviously a DOT PR campaign) that had a driver's view of a smashed windshield and off to the right there was a picture of an older couple. In large writing it stated, "Who feels the impact when you don't wear a seat belt?" By design, I guess I'm supposed to relate to the picture and realize the hardship my family may face in the event of my early expiration. But honestly, I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Although I still have yet to get my major in rocket science, common sense prevails here ... me ... I feel the impact you putz ... I'm the one not wearing the seat belt ... remember???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can kill someone else through not wearing a seatbelt. A backseat passenger, who just wrong, will kill you if you're sitting in the front of the car, even you are wearing a seatbelt yourself.

If you're driving you could even be thrown out of the car and through the screen of a vehicle coming the other way. So who does feel the impact?

August 13, 2008 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home