Sunday, January 01, 2006

Time Has Finally Caught Up To Dick Clark

Last night, I tuned in to ABC's new years eve party and found what I saw a little peculiar. Forgetting that Dick Clark had taken a stroke earlier, I thought he had a been doing a little new years eve partying himself and had a package on ... I really did. Mr. Clark, without a doubt, has become and will always be an American icon. But, there is a point in one's career where it's just time to hang it up ... Mr. Clark has not only gotten to that point, he's passed it. Aside from finding him incredibly difficult to understand, I actually felt sorry for him because he struck me as a man who just wouldn't let go. Sometimes, it's better for people to remember you the way you were, not the way you are ... especially in the broadcasting business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home