Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sometimes, Kids Can Teach Adults

I was at function today in which a good portion of the people I saw were children. The average age of which was about seven years old. And out of nowhere ... it hit me. What happened to all of us? Remember when all we cared about was having fun? We didn't mind sharing with others ... even strangers. (If Mom and Dad said it was okay, of course.) Somewhere along the journey to adulthood, most us lost sight of all this by getting caught up in overdue bills, car payments, and mortgages. I found it very refreshing to see kids having fun ... and just being kids. With age comes responsibility, and with responsibility comes age. But I caught that seven year old inside me sneaking out to play, and enjoyed the fact I got to see somebody I haven't seen in a long time ... me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home