Wednesday, August 08, 2007

How To Beat A Royal Flush

A little piece of infrequently though of information was passed on to me that, over the course of the day, started to get to me. In 1992, Congress banned all 3.5 gpf (gallons per flush) toilet tanks and mandated that all tanks sold in the U.S. offer no more than 1.6 gpf under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act. Idealistically, this would lessen our use of natural resources and cut down on the amount of "material" that treatment plants would have to handle. Well apparently, this law actually sparked a black market for 3.5 gpf tanks that exists to this very day. Yep ... that's right ... Canadian/U.S. customs agents are actually supposed to confiscate your contraband crapper. Although if you are detained while trying to re-enter the U.S., the good news is your porcelain pal will have more than enough horse power unlike its U.S. counterparts ... but, I really can't see that a tank transporter would be faced with a felonious charge. My point is, "Land of the free"??? If Uncle Sam is so interested in how I use my "library", why not just help me fulfill the mission while I'm in there for crying out loud! My sacred sanctuary has been surmounted, my tranquil temple toppled. This my friends, is just going too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home